What is ID verification?
ID verification ensures that you are who you claim to be. This is used within the Content Manager to protect contributors and customers against fraudulent content.
Who needs to complete ID verification?
ID verification is for all contributors and will only be required once.
When is ID verification required?
We recommend you complete ID verification after your first upload. Starting January 2022, Vecteezy will only be reviewing content from verified contributors.
Why should I verify my ID?
In addition to protecting contributors and customers against fraudulent content, contributors who verify their ID can receive more exposure, have their content reviewed faster, will have access to our Insights area, and are likely to have more files approved. Vecteezy will only be reviewing contributors who have verified their ID starting January 2022. If you have already verified your ID, no action is required.
What do I need to verify my ID?
To verify your ID, you will need a government ID and a webcam or phone camera
Is verifying my ID with Vecteezy safe?
Vecteezy partners with Persona, a trusted and verified identification software company as part of our ID verification process. Vecteezy does not store any personally identifiable information collected during the ID verification process. Instead, any personally identifiable information obtained during the ID verification process is safely and securely stored in Persona. Persona has the highest security standards, is GDPR and CCPA compliant, and is certified against the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield framework, further validating their secure data practices.
Why do you need a photo of me and what if I don’t want to share my photo ID with you?
With current technology, photos and photo IDs are the best reference to confirm an individual’s likeness.
How do I verify My ID?
- Visit your Vecteezy profile
- Click on Verify ID
- Click “Begin verifying”
- Select the country your government ID is from
- Select the type of government ID you wish to use to verify your identity
- Click on the camera icon to take a photo of your government ID, click on “upload a photo” to upload a photo of your government ID, or click “Continue on another device” to continue verifying your ID on another device.
- Position your government ID within the frame to take a photo of the front of your ID. Please note, the photo will automatically be taken when positioned in the frame. If the photo is not automatically taken, click “Take photo” to take the photo.
- Click “Use this photo” to continue or click “Retake photo” to repeat the previous step.
- Click “Get started” to begin taking a photo of yourself or click “Continue on another device” to continue verifying your ID on another device.
- Center your face within the frame. Once centered, you will be instructed to look left and look right.
- After the previous step is complete, you’re done! You have verified your ID and our team will review it soon.
I’ve verified my ID. What’s next? How will I know if my ID verification was successful?
Our team will review your ID verification and you will receive a notification in the Content Manager if your verification is successful or if we cannot verify your ID. You can also check the status of your ID verification in your contributor profile.
Why is it taking so long for my ID verification to be approved?
Our team strives towards quickly reviewing your ID verification. If your ID verification is marked as “In Review” for more than 14 days, please contact us.
What happens if I do not verify my ID?
If you choose not to verify your ID, you may have files held in review, may have payment withheld, and/or may be removed from the Vecteezy contributor program.
Please contact us if any of the following apply to you:
- I can not load ID verification
- I can not verify my ID
- I do not have a government ID
- The country my government ID is from is not listed
- My government ID can’t be verified
- I can not take a photo of my ID or myself
- I do not have a camera
- My photo(s) can’t be verified
- My ID verification failed
- My ID verification has been “In Review” for more than 14 days