We’ve been taking steps to understand what makes a graphic more attractive and downloadable to a user. Here are our 3 tips for making your graphic stand out.
Accurately Name Your Graphic
Customers are searching for graphics that meet their needs. The name of a graphic should always be relevant, concise, and professional. Your files are more likely to be downloaded if your resources are named correctly.
Good Naming Practices
- Capitalize the first letter of each word, excluding small words like “of” and “the.” (Ex. “My File for Vecteezy”)
- Refrain from punctuation (. , ! ? ;) in your title.
- Do not use subjective words like brilliant, amazing, or best. These words describe your opinion rather than what the file actually is.
- Keep titles less than 100 characters. Lengthy titles likely over-compensate and could be inaccurate.
Use tags wisely
Keywords are key in getting your graphic recognized by users. Use keywords wisely, so your graphic shows up in various search terms. Do not use the same tags for all your submissions. Make sure they are relevant to your graphic.
Good Tagging Practices
- Use 20-30 precise keywords. Using irrelevant keywords makes your graphic appear to the wrong customers, resulting in low downloads.
- Think like the user. Identify subjects in your illustration and possible uses of the file. What would users be searching for to find your graphic?
- Tags must be separated by a comma and contain no misspellings. Misspellings and typos could impede users during searches.
- Use phrases. If your file is an illustration of a football player, you should use a 2-word tag of “football player.”
Write Helpful Descriptions
Your description should accurately describe the contents of your file and any unique aspects of the file. Imagine you’re the user who will be downloading the file; what qualities would you be looking for in the description? Make sure your description is readable and written in complete sentences with correct punctuation.
Most importantly, providing top-quality graphic resources will get your file noticed and downloaded by our users!