In addition to embedding metadata into your files and updating metadata on the Add Data page, a CSV file can also be used to add metadata to your files. Follow this two-step process to prepare and upload a CSV file to quickly add metadata to your Vecteezy uploads!
Step 1: Prepare your CSV file
- Download the example CSV file (attached to the bottom of this article and skip to step 3) or create a new CSV
- Add the column names
Keywordsto the first four columns, in that order.
- Add your filenames to each row, under the first column named
Filenameand fill out the
Keywords, following the tips in the table below.
- Save your file as a .csv
Step 2: Upload your CSV file
You can upload a CSV with your source file(s) using FTP upload or after you upload your source file(s) from the Add Data page.
To upload a CSV with your source file(s) via FTP:
- Go to https://contributors.vecteezy.com/portfolio/upload
- Click on the FTP upload link
- Upload our files and CSV at the same time by following our FTP Upload Process
To upload a CSV after you upload your source file(s) via Add Data:
- Go to https://contributors.vecteezy.com/portfolio/add_data
- Click on "Upload CSV"
- Select, drag and drop, or copy and paste your CSV file
- Wait for your file to upload
- If your file does not have the required column names or is not in the correct format, you will receive an error. Please ensure your file is prepared correctly before re-trying the upload.
- Click "Done"
- Your metadata may take a few moments to process. You will see a message at the top of the screen when the processing is complete.
- After your metadata is processed, refresh to see your updated metadata on the Add Data page